The Organisers of the ABSA Run Your City Series (RYCS) together with PUMA South Africa are excited to launch the Friday 5K Solo Run campaign.
Consisting of five 5km virtual runs, the Friday 5K Solo Run Series powered by PUMA will take place weekly from Friday 21 August 2020 until Friday 18 September 2020.
“The Friday 5K Solo Run Series forms part of an exciting campaign that will build up to the ABSA RYCS Heritage Day Virtual Run (taking place on Thursday 24 September 2020),” says Agne du Plessis, Stillwater Sports Head of Road Running. “Runners from all over South Africa are invited to partake. There are awesome sponsor prizes up for grabs each week, and at the end of the series one lucky runner will take home the grand prize which will be an impressive PUMA x FIRST MILE Hamper and a pair of PUMA Ultraride Running Shoes, to the value of R10 000. We cannot wait to see all the photographs of runners having fun. Enjoy the Friday 5K Solo Run Series with us.”
“It’s easier to keep fit if you’re having fun,” says PUMA Marketing Director Brett Bellinger. “The Friday 5K Solo Run Series powered by PUMA is a great way to stay active and engaged with the running community. We will definitely be participating and challenge all SA runners (and walkers) to do the same.”
EVENT DATES: Friday 5K Solo Run Series powered by PUMA
|1. Friday 21 August 2020||Friday 5K Solo Run #1|
|2. Friday 28 August 2020||Friday 5K Solo Run #2|
|3. Friday 04 September 2020||Friday 5K Solo Run #3|
|4. Friday 11 September 2020||Friday 5K Solo Run #4|
|5. Friday 18 September 2020||Friday 5K Solo Run #5|
ENTRY is FREE OF CHARGE!
WIN with the Friday 5K Solo Run Series powered by PUMA:
- Take a photograph of yourself before, during or after each run.
- Share the photograph together with a caption that answers the question ‘Why do you run?’, to the ABSA RYCS social media platforms (ABSA Cape Town 12K CITYRUN, ABSA Durban 10K CITYRUN or ABSA Joburg 10K CITYRUN). Each run needs to be completed (and the photograph loaded to social media) by 23:59 pm on the stipulated date.
- Remember to tag @PUMASouthAfrica and use the following hashtags: #ForeverFaster #ABSARunYourCity
- Please abide by all legal government regulations for exercise.
- Weekly sponsor prizes will include (but are not limited to) awesome gifts from: PUMA, Thule, Coca Cola, The President Hotel and Rialto Foods.
- PUMA South Africa will also giveaway x1 pair of PUMA Ultraride Running Shoes per week.
- At the end of the campaign the names of the runners that complete all five Friday 5K Solo Runs and share their photographs and captions to the ABSA RYCS social media platforms will go into a lucky draw for the Grand Prize, an impressive PUMA x FIRST MILE Hamper and a pair of PUMA Ultraride Running Shoes, to the value of R10 000.
- For Ts&Cs CLICK HERE
Did you know? Launched in 2020 the PUMA x FIRST MILE collection consists of shoes and apparel made from recycled yarn that is manufactured from plastic bottles collected in the First Mile network. The First Mile is a people-focused network that strengthens micro-economies in Taiwan, Honduras, and Haiti by collecting plastic bottles to create sustainable jobs and reduce pollution. The bottles are then sorted, cleaned, shredded, and turned into yarn, which is later used to create products with purpose that truly empower from the first mile forward.
Remember to share your experience via social media!
Hashtag: #ForeverFaster #ABSARunYourCity
For further information on the Friday 5K Solo Run Series powered by PUMA and/or the ABSA Run Your City Series Heritage Day Virtual Run email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://runyourcityseries.com/